Saturday 24 October 2009

Advancement

Michael has become a friend. We know a lot about one another. I'm probably more comfortable with him than anyone else here. One thing he said the other day made me smile, and continues to do so.

We were chatting, and I mentioned something about arthritis (I think we were on fingerless gloves). Michael made a face and said, "That really must not be fun." I smiled, and shrugged. "I'll live." He looked me right in the eye and just said, "I know." I looked puzzled, not sure exactly what he was saying. "I can tell. I know you well enough."

That comment made me super happy. I am so glad that the impression I give someone in the first week of knowing them is that yes, I have an autoimmune disease, but it does NOT define me, I'm more than that.

Very happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment