Thursday 24 September 2009

Pain

The title of this blog comes from a song by John Mayer. It was featured on House in series 3 when House's pain returns.

Gravity is working against me,
And gravity wants to bring me down.
Oh twice as much aint twice as good
And can't sustain like one half could
It's wanting more that's gonna send me to my knees.


I have pain in most of my joints: hips, knees, ankles, feet, hands, wrists, shoulders, lower back, jaw, ribs, clavicle. The pain started in my left wrist, then my right, then all the small joints of the hands, then my knees, then my whole body flared up into one mass of pain. For some reason my elbows are almost completely spared. Now, my wrists, hands and hips are the worst affected. Often the pain in my hips radiates all around my groin and lower back so I can't sit, stand or walk comfortably. I also have almost unbearable stiffness all over when I wake up in the mornings. It takes me a long time to work out where each of my body parts are and how to use them.

I must warn you now, this blog is primarily for documenting my pain, discussing issues relating to my pain, and sharing my experiences of pain. I have other outlets for intellectual discussion re: politics, literature, media and so on. I am starting this blog because I have found great comfort in other people's pain blogs, and I feel it is time for me to give something back.

I don't want to start off with a post about how much pain I was in today, how I felt sick with it and couldn't see straight - I'll open up slowly.
So, just an introduction for now... Back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment