Friday 25 September 2009

Rough days

I managed to hurt my back stepping over a rock on Tuesday. I put my left foot down, shifted my weight and BANG. Pain shooting from my hip, up to a point slightly above my left buttock, then right through my abdomen. I have since been walking with a very fetching limp. After walking the 3/4 mile to work yesterday, I was in enough pain to feel sick, and I was drained. Work was hard. I managed to avoid crying. Just. I crouched to arrange books on a low shelf - I favoured my right leg to stand up and my knee (in a way it does) collapsed. By the time I got home, ate, and crawled into bed my knee, hips and back were in awful pain.

Things can only get better?

I woke up this morning at 6.51. Fine. I fell asleep again and was awoken at 9.33 by my friend who I was meant to go out with. I get out of bed, dress and let him in. He puts the kettle on and I dash upstairs to clean my teeth. Dash back downstairs, take meds. Then I start to shake, I feel sick, I sweat... I sit down on the stairs, whilst Daniel hovers awkwardly in the kitchen. I feel much better after about a minute. I go back to the kitchen to apologise to Daniel and tell him to go home. My vision starts clouding up, I feel dizzy, I can't see anything at all. I lie down, right there, on the floor. Last thing we want to do is faint. I persuade Daniel to go home, and remain on the kitchen floor for some minutes. Eventually, I crawl into the lounge and collapse on the sofa.

It didn't take long to feel better, and I self-medicated with bacon and crisps (salt is known to raise blood pressure). Now I feel headachey, and a little rough. What caused my blood pressure to fall so low this morning? Going so quickly from asleep to running about? Being in less pain than I've adjusted to lately? Not taking sufficient medication for my pain? Poor diet? Pathological cause?

Whatever it was, Daniel is terribly concerned (he offered to take me to hospital) but I feel a whole lot better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment